E'ASY, a. s as z. [See Ease.] Quiet;being at rest; free from pain, disturbance or annoyance. The patient has slept well and is easy.1. Free from anxiety, care, solicitude or peevishness; quiet; tranquil; as an easy mind.2. Giving no pain or disturbance; as an easy posture; an easy carriage.3. Not difficult; that gives or requires no great labor or exertion; that presents no great obstacles; as an easy task. It is often more easy to resolve, than to execute.Knowledge is easy to him that understandeth. Prov.14.4. Not causing labor or difficulty. An easy ascent or slope, is a slope rising with a small angle.5. Smooth; not uneven; not rough or very hilly; that may be traveled with ease; as an easy road.6. Gentle; moderate; not pressing; as a ship under easy sail.7. Yielding with little or no resistance; complying; credulous.With such deceits he gained their easy hearts.8. Ready; not unwilling; as easy to forgive.9. Contented; satisfied. Allow hired men wages that will make them easy.
10. Giving ease; freeing from labor, care or the fatigue of business; furnishing abundance without toil; affluent; as easy circumstances; an easy fortune.
11. Not constrained; not stiff or formal; as easy manners; an easy address; easy movements in dancing.
12. Smooth; flowing; not harsh; as an easy style.
13. Not jolting; as, the horse has an easy gait.
14. Not heavy or burdensome.My yoke is easy, and my burden light. Matt.11.